Board-Certified Ophthalmologist Dr. Claudio Contreras
If you are looking for exceptional eye care in the San Jose, California area, look to Dr. Claudio S. Contreras, an experienced board-certified ophthalmologist you can trust with all of your vision needs.
Dr. Contreras has been helping people protect and improve their vision since 1990, when he began as an internal medicine doctor. After four years Dr. Contreras was able to pursue his childhood dream of becoming an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor and surgeon who cares for patients with injuries and diseases of the eye).
He began his second residency as an eye doctor in 1994. After completing his training, Dr. Contreras relocated to San Jose to open his own ophthalmology practice. He has been serving patients from San Jose and Santa Clara County since 1997, including Latino patients who are often most comfortable seeing a Hispanic doctor who speaks their language and understands their culture.
Dr. Claudio Contreras provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- Eye examinations for adults
- Treatment of eye injuries and infections
- Medical management of chronic eye conditions such as dry eye, eye allergies, and glaucoma
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including cataracts, glaucoma, and diabetes-related conditions
- Eye surgery when needed, including laser surgery
Please visit our patient education library to learn more about eye conditions. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call our office at (408) 971-2020 or use our online appointment request form.